I have recently been elected as Chair of the Programme Management Specific Interest Group (SIG) of the Association for Project Management (APM) , shortened to ProgM. You can find out more about ProgM on our micro-site.
A brief summary of ProgM is below. Please contact me to engage, find out more about what we do and to contribute.
To be recognised internationally as the leading group for programme management, supporting a world in which all projects succeed.
In line with APM regulations the mission of ProgM is:
To provide a forum for effective learning and development, that promotes the science, discipline, tools and techniques of programme management
Our strategy will be delivered using the lens of the APM 5 dimensions of professionalism, namely:
- Breadth (Body of Knowledge: concepts, terms & activities that make up a professional domain including publications & articles)
- Depth (Competence framework – knowledge & experience under technical, behavioural & contextual domains)
- Achievement (Qualifications, especially programme-related, aligned to IPMA’s 4 level certification)
- Commitment (CPD – Events broad range of BoK topic areas & appropriate delivery methods)
- Accountability (Delivery of services to ProgM / APM members & SIG communications)