Dr. Edward Wallington
I am an enthusiastic and versatile Professional Services Delivery Lead with over 20 years of expertise in the geospatial (including defence, Public Safety, Central Government, health & social care, environmental, forestry, recreation, biodiversity, conservation and heritage domains) and management information sectors.
I have a proven ability to manage and complete multiple projects to the highest standard, with a meticulous attention to detail and to agreed time, cost and quality. I have strong organisational, communication and leadership skills, with ability to deliver as a team member, leader or as an independent consultant at technical and business levels. I enable swift problem-solving and developing effective solutions, ensuring customer and delivery focus. I can collect and analyse information, digest facts/figures and quickly grasp complex business and technical issues.
I have worked with Policy and Management Teams, Senior Management Groups, Directors, Heads of Units, Research Agencies and Business Units ensuring sustainable development and benefits. This requires a diverse and engaging management style with staff, managers, business partners and stakeholders. I have been a standing member of Senior Management Groups who act as Project Boards. I have had co-ordination of project managers, project groups, delivery managers, contractors and sub-contractors (off-shore). I establish excellent working relationships and collaborative partnerships with a range of external organisations and stakeholders.
I have a research background, including the use of remote sensing and geographical information systems (GIS) to support and optimise management decisions in the environmental sector both in the UK and Central America.
- Executive MBA, Quantic School of Business and Technology, Washington DC, USA
- PhD in Geography (remote sensing, GIS, management information), University of Edinburgh, UK
- MSc Environmental Forestry, University of Wales, Bangor, UK
- BSc (Hons.) Surveying and Mapping Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- PMQ Project Management qualification (previously called APMP )- accredited by the Association for Project Management
- Certified ScrumMaster
- Advanced Strategic Project Management, Villanova University, USA
- Advanced Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership, London School of Business and Finance
Member of the Association for Project Management (APM)
Former Chair of the APM Programme Management SIG (ProgM)
Member of the Association for Geographic Information (AGI)
Previously Chair of the AGI working group on CPD
- Previously a Committee member for the APM in Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire (APM Y&NL)
Previously the Corporate Representative for the APM in Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire (APM Y&NL)
Roles I have held include (for further details see LinkedIn):
- Professional Services Delivery Lead
- Senior Project Manager
- Programme Manager
- Project Manager
- Programme and Business Development Manager
- Procurement Technical Specialist
- Programme Support Officer
- Testing and documentation technical specialist
- GIS Tender Analyst
- Customer Success Manager
- Health & Social Care Lead