ForestSat 2010, 7th-10th September 2010, Spain
For further information see http://forestsat2010.usc.es
The aim of the ForestSat 2010 conference is to present and discuss remote sensing techniques and methodologies to improve land management in general and forestry in particular. All this while taking into account the multiple uses of the forest, from its productivity to its social role, without losing sight of its importance as source of biodiversity and its role in the sequestration of CO2.
The specific objectives of the conference are to:
- Present the tools available for capturing information on a mass scale to forestry technicians.
- Identify state-of-the-art forestry applications in remote sensing.
- Develop and improve the technological transfer methods between science and business users.
- Ensure that the scientific community, forest managers and developers communicate in the same language and share goals.
- Improve accessibility to information derived from new mapping techniques and the management of Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDIs).
The aim of these technical seminars is to focus on improving the operational use of remote sensing and new technologies so that techniques for capture, analysis and presentation of information are faster, cheaper and more precise, thereby improving their accessibility for different types of users.